Privacy Gap Assessments
The Privacy Gap Assessment (PGA) is an invaluable tool for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your organization’s privacy compliance processes. Broader in scope than a PIA, the PGA aims to identify and report on existing practices and procedures for the management of personal information across all or part of an organization.
How It Is Done
We undertake a three phase process that includes Project Initiation, Information Gathering and Analysis and Reporting.
Through this phased approach we:
- Identify the privacy laws, regulations and/or policies relevant to your environment
- Gather required information, including information concerning organizational roles, responsibilities, policies and practices related to privacy management
- Analyze that information
- Identify gaps that exist between the organization’s current practices, systems, procedures and policies and the requirements of privacy law and/or best practices
- Assess the resulting risks
- Develop strategies for dealing with the identified gaps
We have participated in the performance of PGAs for organizations ranging from the very large (e.g. Health Canada) to the very small (e.g. small professional partnerships). For additional feedback from our satisfied customers, see our client testimonials. Let us put our experience to work for you. Contact us today to discuss your privacy practices gap assessment needs.